View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 10:30 AM
kay carlson

We arrived home last evening from my daughter's wedding on the East Coast. Our new son-in-love is a wonderful person and we are truly blessed to have him as part of our family.While at the wedding, we met so many members of his extended family who realize how important it is to keep in touch and have the grounding of family love -- even if separated by thousands of miles. I believe his family was telling the truth when members told us that they had fallen in love with her.

Thus, this is the time to start a journal and write individual letters to each of my loved ones. One of our daughter-in-laws has written a letter to each of her daughters on the occasion of each birthday. In the letter, she recounts events of the child's last year in details such as friends and relatives, where they lived and/or traveled, popular trends, etc. Her children do not know about these letters. They will get the bundle at 18 or 21 years of age. I, personally, think this is a fantastic idea that is doable.

Both of my sons walked me down the aisle at the wedding. I want them to know how much that meant to me and how considerate my daughter and son-in-law were to have arranged this event. It brought my focus to the present and living fully each day.