View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 09:07 AM
skjquiltnut

Originally Posted by stevendebbie25
I am lucky enough to have a bedroom just for a sewing room, the original home owner had a closetless room she used, but we're using it for an office now.
The bedroom has big closet, 1/2 with shelves, some I hang fabrics on hangers for specific projects. Enough room I have an old heavy legal office desk, perfect, no bounce on machines, drawers for supplies, and two pull out side wings, one has iron, the other cutting. Then those tall fold out cutting tables for beginning cutting. A craft table for more supplies, my computer printer is there too.
A book shelf for all the DVDs, books, and I take patterns out of magazines and put them in sleeves in 3-ring binders in catagories (baby, floral, holiday, table runners, etc).
I have a smaller folding table in front of a closet door I keep a quilt machine on, and have my embroidery machine (much bigger) on the desk, keeping both humming at once. I have 2 good windows E & S for light, a couple table clamp lights (sewing & cutting tble), and the iron board set up in front of the printer. A tad crowded, but it's working great. This isn't the largest or smallest bedroom. I have a tiny rm with a twin & lots of toddler toys for a couple grandchildren, and a med rm with full bed set for guests. I've spilled into that closet & dresser with prearranged projects. Really need to get more UFOs done..but each class starts another UFO, and I love to keep learning.

If you can dedicate any space in the home, just to quilting, a corner in a room, have hubby build legs over plywood resting ontop a guest bed for more surface (cover the bed with a sheet protection). Most important, organize, and good light.
Sounds great, any possibility of us seeing photos? I seem to be organizationally challenged, my space is a " mess magnet"
:oops: