View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I found some more pics of my kitchen. and more.

I looked for my pictures of my kitchen sink but can't find them. If and when I find it I will post one. I sunk a sink into my harvest table. My cousin and uncle thought I was nuts. I originally put a trailer size sink in a dresser. But over time it wore out the wood. I didn't get it sealed well enough on top and I kept leaning into it when I did dishes til I broke the plumbing lines. It had a drawer I kept and put dish cloths in but it kept leaking into that drawer. So when we had to remodel due to some weather damages I chose to cut out my harvest table and sink my kitchen sink in it. I had my cousin (who's crew did the remodel) put an iron rod up through the legs and down into the concrete floor. That sink isn't moving! I covered the top with brick before we put the sink in. My DH(who's in a wheelchair most of the time) can wheel up to the sink from either side of the table as I had him put the faucets and water spout at the end of the table to the right of the sink instead of above the sink which is normal for most people. But I'm not normal! LOL

My wooden boxes with some of my collectibles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100165[/ATTACH]

I found 2 old dressers at a yard sale for $5 each. I painted one and used it in my kitchen for awhile and then sold it for $15. I left the smaller dresser outside in the weather for a year and it took on the weathered look. It fell apart in the weather and I took the pieces and stored them in the barn. I took the front of the frame and added some wood for shelves and this is what I have, It hangs in my bathroom. I collect old med bottles and perfume bottles. I also have a button collection in these apothacary jars. The wood box with the red flowers holds hankerchiefs that belonged to my great grandmother Nancy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100185[/ATTACH]

This is my tin collection.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100594[/ATTACH]

This is my antique stove circa 1940
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100606[/ATTACH]

The baby long johns above the stove were my dad's and his brothers. They have a tag that says Joseph Penny Co size 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100607[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-100160.jpe   attachment-100180.jpe   attachment-100589.jpe   attachment-100601.jpe   attachment-100602.jpe