My Pumpkins and Turkeys

Old 10-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Power Poster

I found some more pics of my kitchen. and more.

I looked for my pictures of my kitchen sink but can't find them. If and when I find it I will post one. I sunk a sink into my harvest table. My cousin and uncle thought I was nuts. I originally put a trailer size sink in a dresser. But over time it wore out the wood. I didn't get it sealed well enough on top and I kept leaning into it when I did dishes til I broke the plumbing lines. It had a drawer I kept and put dish cloths in but it kept leaking into that drawer. So when we had to remodel due to some weather damages I chose to cut out my harvest table and sink my kitchen sink in it. I had my cousin (who's crew did the remodel) put an iron rod up through the legs and down into the concrete floor. That sink isn't moving! I covered the top with brick before we put the sink in. My DH(who's in a wheelchair most of the time) can wheel up to the sink from either side of the table as I had him put the faucets and water spout at the end of the table to the right of the sink instead of above the sink which is normal for most people. But I'm not normal! LOL

My wooden boxes with some of my collectibles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100165[/ATTACH]

I found 2 old dressers at a yard sale for $5 each. I painted one and used it in my kitchen for awhile and then sold it for $15. I left the smaller dresser outside in the weather for a year and it took on the weathered look. It fell apart in the weather and I took the pieces and stored them in the barn. I took the front of the frame and added some wood for shelves and this is what I have, It hangs in my bathroom. I collect old med bottles and perfume bottles. I also have a button collection in these apothacary jars. The wood box with the red flowers holds hankerchiefs that belonged to my great grandmother Nancy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100185[/ATTACH]

This is my tin collection.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100594[/ATTACH]

This is my antique stove circa 1940
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100606[/ATTACH]

The baby long johns above the stove were my dad's and his brothers. They have a tag that says Joseph Penny Co size 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100607[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-100160.jpe   attachment-100180.jpe   attachment-100589.jpe   attachment-100601.jpe   attachment-100602.jpe  

Old 10-27-2010, 10:07 AM

I want your decorating skills. Beautifal. :thumbup:
Old 10-27-2010, 11:10 AM

Wow! That's quite a collection! Too cute! I just wouldn't want to dust all that!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:21 AM

Rhonda, love your tin collection, antique stove, I could probably spend days in your house just looking at everything. If you have more pictures, post them. I'm sure enjoying looking. THis is my pie safe, my Dad did something to the tin, tried to get it back to the original color but didn't have any luck. I had it painted to go with my blue kitchen chairs. The little chair you see by the side of pie safe was my dad's baby chair that he sat in to eat. Some of my blue and white graniteware in on top of pie safe.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-109293.jpe   attachment-109304.jpe   attachment-109311.jpe  
Old 10-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

Quilter2 you have some awesome decorating skills yourself. I see the old utensils. I have a basket of them. I will lay them out sometime and take a pic. Won't be now. I think I am coming down with Mom's viral flu.

I love your pie safe! What I love the most about the pie safes is the tin is usually punched into a quilt type pattern. I don't like all the ones I see but I really like yours! Very pretty. Family heirlooms are so much fun aren't they. Love that you inherited your dad's chair.

I could post more pics but it will have to be later.Most of these last ones I already had. I do have some of my mom's house too and I will have to find them She has things like an antique wooden washing machine. She collects a lot of crocks and most of what I learned about decor is learned from her. We just recently cut out the better part of her 1950's kitchen counter leaving only enough room for her mini coffee pot and a few dishes waiting to be washed. She bought an old cabinet like the ones I like and it sits at the end of the counter(all 18" of it LOL). She has a built in old 2 oven stove recessed into her center island which also has her stove top surrounded by brick. She has a fantastic looking house especially if you like antiques and collections. She is always changing it around almost every day. She says she has to live with it for awhile to see if she likes the look! When I have more energy I will post more pics.