View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 08:42 PM
jljack

We are having a rough time. We had a business last year, and my husband was making good money. We have a home, 2 vehicles we pay on, 2 we own, and a moderate amount of credit card debt. We don't owe a lot or own a lot. We live a middle class life. We lost our business last September, so it's been a year. My husband was able to collect unemployment for a few weeks, and then finally took a job doing night stocking at the WalMart Supercenter. Imagine going from $30 an hour to 9.35 an hour. It's really hard. I work, but my paychecks go to pay for health insurance, car insurance, life insurance, taxes, truck payment, part of the mortgage. His has to go to paying off debts of the business. We pray and trust the Lord that no financial crisis hits us, like broken vehicles or other major issues. So far nothing like that has happened, but some nights I lie awake wondering how long we can keep going. We have no savings left. Anyway....there are lots of people worse off than us, but I know the feeling of never would of thought it would happen to us!