View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 07:19 PM
deema

I want to quilt my Warm Wishes quilt with an "echo" of sorts through all of the squares and strips. Right now, it's sprayed and still taped to my basement floor for the night before I start quilting it, but I want to plant this out before I pull it up. The picture below is a rough illustration of what I'm hoping to achieve. My thoughts were to tape out my lines with masking tape right on the quilt top, but I'm trying to decide if I should quilt each block completely before moving to the next, or do the lines in one direction all the way across (from the middle out to the sides) the row, do this in each row, then turn and start back in the middle going to the ends, connecting all of my "echo's".

I'm thinking if I did each block completely before moving on, where the lines meet will be more consistent, BUT, I'd have to turn my entire quilt all the way around several times to complete each block...it's close to a double sized quilt...that will just plain suck.

But I'm worried that if I do all of the horizontal lines, then all of the vertical lines that I'll have a lot bunching...

Am I making any sense?

Does anyone have any other ideas of how I could go about this on my basic little machine? I can't just SID, because my blocks are too big...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-95076.jpe