View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Moon Holiday

As a member of the American Quilter’s Society I recently received my updated Joann's VIP discount card and the next time I had a chance to visit Joann's, the store manager refused to accept my card because I didn't have a tax exempt 501(c)(3) number. There are two kinds of Joann’s VIP cards... one for non-profit groups (501(c)(3), and one for members of quilting societies... (which is what I have). Anyway, I pointed out that along with my new card there was a notice stating I needed to bring my AQS membership card along with my photo ID, which I showed to her. Well it was like talking to a brick wall! She told me I didn't know what I was talking about because Joann’s had changed their policy and as long as I didn't have my tax exempt 501(c)(3) number, she would never accept my card. Frustrated I paid for my items and told her I would be contacting AQS and JoAnn's to file a complaint. Would you believe she actually laughed at me!! The next morning I send a complaint to AQS & Joann’s headquarters and about 2 hours later I received an email stating they had spoken with the store manager and I would not have any trouble using my VIP card in the future.