Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All I could see was red...

As a member of the American Quilter’s Society I recently received my updated Joann's VIP discount card and the next time I had a chance to visit Joann's, the store manager refused to accept my card because I didn't have a tax exempt 501(c)(3) number. There are two kinds of Joann’s VIP cards... one for non-profit groups (501(c)(3), and one for members of quilting societies... (which is what I have). Anyway, I pointed out that along with my new card there was a notice stating I needed to bring my AQS membership card along with my photo ID, which I showed to her. Well it was like talking to a brick wall! She told me I didn't know what I was talking about because Joann’s had changed their policy and as long as I didn't have my tax exempt 501(c)(3) number, she would never accept my card. Frustrated I paid for my items and told her I would be contacting AQS and JoAnn's to file a complaint. Would you believe she actually laughed at me!! The next morning I send a complaint to AQS & Joann’s headquarters and about 2 hours later I received an email stating they had spoken with the store manager and I would not have any trouble using my VIP card in the future.

Blog Entries
    I am happy to hear that this matter was taken care of so quickly. I am sure this manager will be more pleasant in the future :D:D:D

And here I thought it was just me having trouble at that store when I went to use my discount card. Since then I've let the card expire and try not to shop there. Unfortunately I do get stuck going there a few times a year due to lack of selection elsewhere for their quilting notions, not so much for fabric.

Sometimes you have to complain..........it gets results

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Now the next time you go to the store you can take your receipt with you and have them refund you the difference...

Look who has the last laugh now!!!

I don't get why there is such a problem for corperate and stores to get a clue about customer service. It is just mind boggleing I am glad that your issue is resolved.

Doesn't it make you want to go and ask her whos laughing now!! I would go back and ask for your discout to be applied to your purchase and bring the email from headquarters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    Now the next time you go to the store you can take your receipt with you and have them refund you the difference...

Look who has the last laugh now!!!
    my thought also!

Just keep in mind this is one store out of many Joanns. Mine gives great customer service. I know you are upset but thank goodness they took care of it.

Let us know how things go when you go back to the store. I'd love to see her face.

I have to say that the JoAnn's here, treat me well.
    If I forget the coupons (usually do) I just ask if they have any discount coupons and they have some that they run thru the register and I get the 40% off.
    BUT then HOBBY LOBBY is right next door so maybe they want to keep in good standing with their coustomers

Wow, I have a teacher's discount card that they accept all the time without question ... and it's not even my card, it's my daughter's. Sounds like the "policy" may be a bit dependant on the particular store management.

Blog Entries
    i gave up using any other coupon cards there. too much hassle.

Blog Entries
    ya, i wish you luck...i never seem to be able to use my card at our joannes; they always have an excuse. i finally gave up and just don't go there unless i absolutely have to

I agree with Littlehud, I have never had any problem with our Joann's store, not to say that it might not ever happen but for now I'm quite happy.

I don't have a problem with my local JoAnn's, but I have at some of the others...The super store is sooooo bad that I won't shop there.

Blog Entries
    I used my new Joanns discount card that I got online and didn't have a problem except I was surprised that they asked me my birthday INCLUDING year!! I told the gal they better give me a big ole' discount for revealing my antiquity!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    What bothers me the most is how she treated you. Glad you got results.
    Sounds like it was a SHE problem and not a Joann's problem.
    I can't believe how people treat others :(

Sometimes they take my card and sometimes they don't. It's discouraging

Blog Entries
    They won't apply your VIP discount on something you buy with a coupon for 40% or 50% off. It does apply to sale items and full price items.

I asked a clerk if she would take my extra 40% and 50% coupons and use them for someone who didn't have any coupons since I couldn't use them, they expired that day, and she told me that store policy was that they couldn't do that. But she did put them to the side of her register and winked.

In my senior years I have learned not to argue with store clerks when they say no,I go straight to the top or write and/or write a letter to corp
    Attached Images Attached Images

hoo ahhh!
    I detest rude employees, after all if not for customers they have no job.
    Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by joyceinoh
    I have to say that the JoAnn's here, treat me well.
    If I forget the coupons (usually do) I just ask if they have any discount coupons and they have some that they run thru the register and I get the 40% off.
    BUT then HOBBY LOBBY is right next door so maybe they want to keep in good standing with their coustomers
    I'm jealous - our Hobby Lobby is across a main road next to the mall...traffic is a pain in the rear. It would be nice if they were more closely located....

Quote Originally Posted by leamelon
    In my senior years I have learned not to argue with store clerks when they say no,I go straight to the top or write and/or write a letter to corp
    Good plan, but doesn't always work. Before the new 10% card policy came out, I was trying to get the cards for members of my guild. I tried the store 3 times - talked to 3 different managers/assistant managers, none knew anything about how to get the cards. Called corporate several times, was sent to another person's voice mail each time, never got a call back. Sent email, supposedly to customer service, never got a response. I do buy certain things at JoAnn's, and the service for a purchase is usually acceptable, but the communication between the store and corporate is nonexistent (the manager couldn't even tell me how to contact corporate) and what you get really depends on the individual store's management. For fabric, I can do better with quality and price online or on sale at a LQS.

Blog Entries
    How awful :x I have no problem using mine at our local store. I guess your store never heard of "customer service".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast