Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   All I could see was red... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/all-i-could-see-red-t72840.html)

Moon Holiday 10-28-2010 01:25 PM

As a member of the American Quilter’s Society I recently received my updated Joann's VIP discount card and the next time I had a chance to visit Joann's, the store manager refused to accept my card because I didn't have a tax exempt 501(c)(3) number. There are two kinds of Joann’s VIP cards... one for non-profit groups (501(c)(3), and one for members of quilting societies... (which is what I have). Anyway, I pointed out that along with my new card there was a notice stating I needed to bring my AQS membership card along with my photo ID, which I showed to her. Well it was like talking to a brick wall! She told me I didn't know what I was talking about because Joann’s had changed their policy and as long as I didn't have my tax exempt 501(c)(3) number, she would never accept my card. Frustrated I paid for my items and told her I would be contacting AQS and JoAnn's to file a complaint. Would you believe she actually laughed at me!! The next morning I send a complaint to AQS & Joann’s headquarters and about 2 hours later I received an email stating they had spoken with the store manager and I would not have any trouble using my VIP card in the future.

amma 10-28-2010 01:29 PM

I am happy to hear that this matter was taken care of so quickly. I am sure this manager will be more pleasant in the future :D:D:D

quiltluvr 10-28-2010 01:29 PM

And here I thought it was just me having trouble at that store when I went to use my discount card. Since then I've let the card expire and try not to shop there. Unfortunately I do get stuck going there a few times a year due to lack of selection elsewhere for their quilting notions, not so much for fabric.

gzbird101 10-28-2010 01:30 PM

Sometimes you have to complain..........it gets results

luvTooQuilt 10-28-2010 01:31 PM

Now the next time you go to the store you can take your receipt with you and have them refund you the difference...

Look who has the last laugh now!!!

sahm4605 10-28-2010 01:36 PM

I don't get why there is such a problem for corperate and stores to get a clue about customer service. It is just mind boggleing I am glad that your issue is resolved.

Quiltforme 10-28-2010 01:37 PM

Doesn't it make you want to go and ask her whos laughing now!! I would go back and ask for your discout to be applied to your purchase and bring the email from headquarters.

virtualbernie 10-28-2010 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Now the next time you go to the store you can take your receipt with you and have them refund you the difference...

Look who has the last laugh now!!!

my thought also!

littlehud 10-28-2010 01:44 PM

Just keep in mind this is one store out of many Joanns. Mine gives great customer service. I know you are upset but thank goodness they took care of it.

SharonC 10-28-2010 01:46 PM

Let us know how things go when you go back to the store. I'd love to see her face.