View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 04:51 PM
mzsooz

Originally Posted by iowabelle
I've been without a regular job for a very long time now. I've earned graduate degrees and it's hard to find anything in my area more than McDonald's, which won't hire me because of the over-education. If it weren't for my mother, I'd be homeless too... but I feel awful taking money from my mom.
This is why I help my daughter and her family. If I didn't...who would? When she calls and says I'm out of diapers for Tilly, if I don't go get them for her what would she do? My DH, BFF and everyone else around here are giving me a hard time because I'm helping the kids. How can I not????? I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do something.

In this state they only qualify for food stamps if he works and she doesn't. Since she is working and he isn't they don't qualify. She is getting wic but that doesn't feed everyone. And it certainly isn't going to pay for her dr. and hospital bills. And she has to have a car to get to her job and get her baby to the dr. So how can I not pay the car payment? Her DH has been trying to find a job for a year and a half. No luck. It is tough out there.

People make me feel like a bad person for helping my kids. I thought that was what we are supposed to do! Nobody would give me grief if I sent money over to a third world country to help strangers! Strange world we live in. :(