Old 10-30-2010, 06:20 AM
carhop

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
I can tell you my kids rooms are spotless the laundry is done, bathroom is clean. I did not give their stuff back they had to earn it. My oldest was not happy we even told her that since she cannot take care of her responsibilities at home how can she be responsible at work. We told her she needed to give her boss 2 weeks notice it was then she understood we meant business. We worked with her boss and she understands that her school comes first. I just love when the owners are parents too. She loves my daughter and wants her to succeed so she is only working her 2 days a week and let me tell you her attitude is better and there is a peace in the house. Yes I hated the fact that it had to get this point but my kids thought of me as their friend and not their mom. I may be a stay at home mom (not by choice i have a back injury so most of my day is spent in bed on a heating pad taking meds.) but I don't get paid to be a maid. My kids have chores they are not that hard. dishes, room, garbage, counters and floors. Oh and vacuum. How is this hard they have been doing this for 7 years and still ask what they are supposed to do again and again. Now that they know they can lose out or pay for me to do their jobs. I have a cleaner house . I had no idea how this topic would lead and love all the advice!! Makes it so much easier.
I would ask them if it was my clean or their clean you would be suprise it only took a couple of times and they would make sure it was done right plus they could not go any where if every thing was not done