View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 07:58 AM
deema

I think I've got it sorted out. I did go buy some blue painters tape (thanks for the tip!), I started in the middle block and started by completing each block before moving on...it isn't dense or intricate quilting, but it took me an hour an a half to quilt two blocks! And it was very hard to turn the double size quilt around the seven times required to do just those two blocks.

So for the next two, I quilted just the lines in one direction, then turned and connected the lines in the opposite direction. It only took me 45min to complete the second two blocks! I'm sure once I get into the flow of it, I'll move faster and maybe I'll have it done before our Christmas (Christmas with my IL's will be early December this year because that is when my FIL will be home from Afghanistan for his R&R). I will be spending a ridiculous amount of time hiding threads on this one because I'm not snipping between lines. Should be fun.

As a side note, I finally bought a walking foot and it's great! But BOY was it strange at first with the extra moving pieces! lol