Thread: Sewing Machines
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 09:57 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

In my case I had only the one bernina 830 for say twenty some years. What a machine! I never had any trouble with it. I had just spent $125.00 having it serviced. Then I started messing with the tension. I guess I just had it with trying and bought a janome after someone advised me it was a great machine. It is a little work horse and a lovely machine. But, once you have had a bernina, you can't go back to anything else. So Hubby bought me a used bernina 180 with an embroidery module. It is really a great machine for someone who is learning about computerized machines. It has a touch screen with a help options. But then my next door neighbor died and her daughter offered to sell me her new bernina 330 with the module and the bsr built in. Well, I couldn't pass it up.

When my mom died and I inheirited her old singer. I can't bear to part with it. It is an old rounded top wooden case portable. It works like a top and has every attachment imaginable.

That my dear is how you end up with so many machines.

I would sell the janome, but I am not sure how. It has such a small amount of running time on it that it is like new. It is on my quilting table now. But, I am thinking of putting the bernina 180 on there instead.

And guess what, I got the oldest bernina out and went completely though it cleaning and oiling it. Tweeked the tension and it is like my old buddy again, works perfectly.