Old 10-31-2010, 03:00 PM
sewlilly

Originally Posted by tortoisethreads
The first few quilts I ever made were hand quilted and I have to brag that the stitches looked really nice. These were also baby quilts. The problem is that recently I have machine quilted quite a few quilts and they turned out great and were finished so quickly. I really wanted to hand quilt my queen size Civil War reproduction, but I'm not enjoying it at all. It's so large and I just keep staring at the largeness of it. My hubby keeps telling me that back in the olden days they may have machine quilted more if they had our technology. I don't know why I'm feeling upset by this change of heart. Does anyone else feel that they "should" handquilt, but they don't want to?
If it's the hand quilted look that you want and feel overwhelmed - you might check with a senior activity center around - the one in our area has a quilting frame that is always full they have a small fee they charge that helps keep their budget in the black and it's great fun to sit around it with the other ladies and take a turn. It's just a thought.... you never know