View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Naturalmama

As many of you are, we are animal lovers (well, mainly me, but I have a terrific dh that lets me do "what I have to do" :wink:). We often put food out, especially during the winter for strays. Shelter too. The two cats we have currently were ones that had wandered on to our property. Even for the ones that we can't bring in, they get taken to the vet to get neutered/spayed - I just can't handle the thought of more strays being born here. Ok, enough background.

A number of weeks ago a sweet gray tail-less kitty wandered to our yard. She seemed too well taken care of to be a total stray, but she hung around a lot. Spent most nights here too. My dh caught the neighbor one day and asked her if she knew anything about her - and it was hers. The (as we found out) spayed manx-mix had begun spraying indoors - the vet told her to put her down or put her outside because she wouldn't stop. So there she is. And it's getting colder! The sweetheart lets me cover her up at night (I bet she'd be a snuggler under the covers!) in her box. I worry about how she'll be when it really gets cold. Funny thing though - one of our cats has been watching her - they've seen each other though the basement window - wouldn't you think she'd spray the window, the porch or something if she liked to spray? I know our neighbor loves cats, so I don't think she'd do this if it wasn't a last resort, but I feel so bad for this cat!

Well, after this essay, I guess I'm just wondering if you've had any experience with female spayed cats spraying indoors - can they ever be broken of this?