View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 10:49 AM
ruacajun2

I freeze them in ziploc bags with water. My boyfriend also hunts deer - He's travelled to Colorado several times in the last couple of years. Always comes back with the story of I had a big one but it got away. He and his siblings also butcher their own deer and make smoked sausage, patties for burgers, and of course the backstrap is mine to cook my way. Which is sliced real thin and dipped into an egg batter and flour and fried. And of course can not leave out the Pioneer White Gravy. When we cook this it's like no one gets enough. Always wanting more. We salt water fish too. But have had more luck in fresh water. I haven't ventured off on one of those deep water fishing trips just yet. We have a camper and a pontoon boat and we love to travel when kids are out of school and activities. Everyone loves to camp, fish and hunt in my family. Even the Cat, Star, and the three pooches, Lily (pug) Shianne and Pooh (poodles) join us on all of our trips. It's nice to take and WHOLE family on trips.