View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 10:55 AM
ruacajun2

Originally Posted by pheasantduster
There is a special bow & arrow hunt in the next town (Dover) - but only in restricted areas and you know the deer won't travel there! Other towns in area don't allow shotguns so now they are seeing the herds get too big. My husband has been enjoying these activities since he was a teenager but in our beautiful area as the old song goes - They paved Paradise an put in a parking lot. We eat the venison and enjoy it. He is able to go saltwater fishing in summer with friend.
Best fish is the fresh fish - Don't really buy fish in store.
The deer are never in the restricted areas of hunting. We camp at a lot of State Parks in Texas and see lots and lots of deer. They are a beautiful animal. Sometimes when the herds get too big though I think they will let people come in and thin it out or they try to catch them and move them to other places.

I love the wilderness. I could live in a log cabin house in the mountains. As long as I have all the food I need, firewood for fires and all the fabrics I can imagine having in a stash along with a gammill longarm and my sewing room set up with any other goodies that belong in one's room. When I dream I dream big, real big.