Thread: I'M SO MAD!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Edie

When I am in the front yard, the back door is locked. When I am in the back yard, the front door is locked. I never unlock a door to ANYONE (except neighbors and friends). I just talk through the door. It is such a shame. I remember when I was a kid and my parents could go on vacation without locking the doors (so the neighbors could feed the bird and water the plants). Now, everything is locked up tighter than a drum. But I do feel safe and secure. Another thing, also - I don't have any door bells - Bess is our doorbell - and she lets me know when someone is at the door. I have a sign on our window that says "No Soliciting." So that ends the door to door. Seems like every tom, dick and harry are out trying to sell roofing, windows and aluminum siding - ever notice it is always after a rain storm? I nailed them good. The idiot told me that by law the insurance company has to pay for new siding, new roofing and new windows if the screens and/or storms are broken. I told them that we have lived here fora 38 years (true) and the aluminum siding is just fine. Oxidized a bit, but fine. And if it was like that when we moved in, why would we take advantage of our insurance company. We even had a new roof put on in May and paid for it ourselves because it was old - holy cats - these dingos don't care if the insurance company cancels us or raises our rates, they just get their commission and some fly by night outfit does a lousy job. See, there I go again - on a tangent - off the original subject. I think the lady is safe in her home, but I would keep the doors locked and if she is going to sell some property, put it in the hands of a realtor so she doesn't have to deal with it. I feel bad because I am getting up in that age category also and I don't want to lose my faith in people (what faith is left) and have to be on the lookout with the eyes in back of my head. Edie