View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 11:41 PM
katesnanna

Originally Posted by lnikkers52
I guess i was born with crooked genes because no mater how hard i try i can't sew a striat line. Most of my quilting is s stitch in the ditch. So i bought a sitd sewing foot. i run the blade right down the the seam. But im still off track. it runs about a 1/16thto 1/8th off the ditch. do you set the foot some how ? what am i doing wrong . why wont my ding dang darn stitches stay in the ditch?
I don't know of anyone who is perfect at this every time. Most of the time we all manage to wander out of the ditch. Unless it's a long way off I've learned to let it go. Whoever you give the quilt to won't be looking for mistakes. If anyone was so rude as to mention it take the quilt back and give it to some one who will appreciate it.
I have a SITD foot for my walking foot of my 6600 but never use it. I feel I do better on my own. Just keep quilting and don't get too bent out of shape by minor matters.
If it really bothers you make a few charity quilts to practice on. The people who get them won't mind a few stitches out of the ditch.