Old 11-07-2010, 04:42 AM
Edie

I love Thanksgiving. We can't travel very well, so if the kids come in, great, if not, I'll still buy a turkey and all the trimmings, bake two pies. make hors d'ouerves even if it is just for the two of us! I love the leftovers. And, I am so thankful for everything - I have a 94 year old mother, who is as sharp as a tack and still drives. I have two sisters and their families, we have friends who are there to help us if we need help and vice-versa, my husband survived both Hairy Cell Leukemia and Non-Hodgkins LYmphoma, Hepatitis, and various other things that I couldn't wish on my worst enemy. We thank God for all his Blessings, each day we have with each other, which peaked at 50 years of marriage this past June. We renewed our wedding vows and exchanged rings (so now we each have two wedding bands on, one for 1960 and one for 2010); yes, a lot to be thankful for. And if we are with a crowd of people or just us two, it still is a grand day. I am thankful that we live right here in the United States of America. And I am thankful for the Pilgrims who discovered PUmpkin Pie and Redi-Whip!!!!! Have a grand Thanksgiving, a good Macy's Day Parade and good football!!! Edie