View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 12:20 PM
RUTH CLARKE

Hi

South Africa is an amazing place - I was originally born in Kenya (still have family there), educated in UK and started work in London. I missed Africa too much and came to SA about 20 years ago.

The wide open spaces, sunshine and blue skies get into your blood and the people are diverse but fantastic. The wildlife is as varied as they show you on TV - just not a easy to find as they make out - sometimes they give the impression that you have a lion on each doorstep!

The flowers - well I'm not an expert, but we have the range of fauna due to our varied climate - we have the deserts in the west of SA, to the Snow in the Drakensburg & Lesotho mountains on the east, to dry savannah in the north and further south in the middle of SA and then down in the cape the weather is very much like the UK.

I have found 2 websites that you might like to look at - sorry don't know how to link the files ... www.southafrica.net and www.questconnect.org/africa_sa.htm.

Also in 2008 we will be having a big Quilting Exhibition with I believe a lot of international teachers and visitors coming to - not sure yet of all the details but it would be great if some of you could make it!

Where are you from Becky?

Ruth