View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:00 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by thequiltmama
I have to haul everything out to the kitchen every day to sew....ugh. I was just curious if I was the only one? I am not lucky enough to have space in our small house for my quilting stuff. My sewing machine and sewing box are on my dresser. My rotary mat and rulers are in my childs room behind her dresser. And my tubs of fabric and projects are in my daughters closet. Please tell me that someone else has the same problem????
Yep! I remember those days. I now have my own sewing studio in my basement. But when my kids were young, my sewing machine was in the dark entranceway by the front door; all my sewing supplies and fabric were on a shelf & in a box in my daughter's closet. The ironing board was in another closet. Then I graduated to having it all in the basement on the ping pong table so I could sew while the kids were playing; you know how well that worked. Just hang in there; we sewers and quilters are very strong willed people and will continue with our love of fabric no matter how hard "life" treats us.