Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one??? >

Am I the only one???

Am I the only one???

Old 11-10-2010, 05:19 PM

I have to set up everything on the dining room table too. It stinks!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:10 AM

Ditto. We've been remodeling for some time now and the first challenge every day is to find my quilting supplies and tools - they seem to move at will.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:21 AM

I'm with you. There's no other place available! It's a good thing I don't cook much.

Uh-Oh...Thanksgiving is coming, guess I'll have to put everything away for a while. :thumbdown:
Old 11-11-2010, 06:31 AM

my stuff is all in the kitchen and trust me, there isn't nearly enough space. i have a queen size quilt top done for my brother who is getting married boxing day and i have no where big enough to lay it out and baste it. i'm going to have to move all the living room furniture out of the way and then roll up the carpets to do it. my 'cooking area' does not exist anymore. i have a 2' length of cupboard beside the sink for cutting and meal prep. my portable dishwasher seems to be permanently placed in front of the sink because i used it's spot for my sewing machine. there are bins of fabric, batting and stuffing(for stuffed animals) piled up all over the place and all but two of my chairs have become resting places for works in progress and finished projects waiting to be washed and delivered at christmas. so pretty much, the kitchen is not all that functional for cooking because of the sewing stuff and not all that functional for sewing because of kitchen stuff, but it's the only space in the house where the kids are not running around(thank god for baby gates) most of the time. it could be worse though.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:46 PM

I'm one of the lucky ones with a sewing room. However, it is small, and I have a large stash of fabric. I wouldn't have room for a cutting table in my sewing room, even if I didn't have one wall covered with bins of fabric. I have to use the kitchen table even just to square up a block. At least, it is only a few steps away.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
I don't think I would ever sew if I had to go to a room to do it. I sew at the kitchen table and I love it even though I have to haul stuff from here to there I have just about everything I need except fabric and even then I have what I am working on in portable plasitc containers with locking lids. So I grab the notions container and the project contanier and go to the kitchen table.
This allows me to watch tv, the kids (they are little so need supervision), the dogs, I can make dinner. It makes multi tasking much easier sewing at the kitchen table.
Like I said honest to goodness if I had to go some place away from everyone/everything else in the house to sew, I would never make it in there to get anything done!
me too, love it.