View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:30 AM
JenniePenny

You are not the only one. I used to have to sew on the dining room table, which was the family eating spot because the kitchen was just a galley. The ironing board was set up in front of a coat closet. The fabric was stored in the basement.
Needless to say, weekends in the winter where stressful, because although I wanted to be inside all day sewing contentedly, my husband always loved to cook meals on the weekends, and he likes to eat on schedule too. As soon as I would get into a ryhtym on Saturday morning or Sunday morning, it was time to clear everything off for lunch. Same thing for late afternoon and dinner time. Plus if there was snow, my husband would be needing this jacket or another jacket from the closet behind the ironing board, and he sent the iron to the floor many times in his haste and annoyance. Quilt blocks were laid on the living room carpet as my design wall, and I would stand on the couch to look down on my arrangements. Yes, the cats would 'dive' into the blocks and mess them up. We lived in that tiny space for a long time, saving up for our own house.

Now, I do have a dedicated sewing room and I feel very blessed indeed. Hang in there. Quilters are strong, determined, and resourceful!