View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by Bev
Originally Posted by Candace
I was also told not to use Gutterman by my dealership, as it "supposedly" has gone way down in quality. But, I still use it with no problems. It's not as good as other thread on the market but in a pinch I will buy it and use it. My favorite thread is still Aurifil. And I use that whenever possible.
I remember my dealer told me if I was going to use Gutterman, to make sure it's the one made in Germany and NOT Mexico. He said there is a big difference in quality. I forgot to mention this in my last post. I've never had to search for it though because my Joann's only stocks the German one.

:wink:
How do you know it's the ones from Germany? What stores sell the ones from Mexico?
Look on the bottom of the spool. It says either Mexico or Germany. I don't know which stores stock the "Mexico" ones because I only buy mine when they are 40% off, or I have a coupon, at Joann's and as I said, they are from Germany. Someone, I think on this board, said it's ridiculous because the maker does the same quality of work, whether in Germany or Mexico. And he/she might be right, I don't know that either. But as long as it's so easy for me to get the Germany ones, I just go with them.