Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
guttermann thread problem? >

guttermann thread problem?

guttermann thread problem?

Old 07-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bev View Post
OK, here's the latest bulletin from my Joann's! I went over there today to get my scissors sharpened, and while I was cooling my heels waiting, I checked out the threads with my Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass, while no one was looking of course. I found that the Coats & Clarks are all labeled "Made in Mexico!!" That's news to me. And half of the Gutermann's was labeled Germany, while the other half was labeled GREECE!!!
THAT, also, is new. I asked an employee at Joann's what she knew about it and she looked at me as if I was crazy, which I'm beginning to think I am. She said she knew nothing at all about it and what difference did it make anyhow. At which point I slunk out of the store. So, that's it from this part of the country. 8-)
Most amusing Sherlock. I'm in Australia, and I use Gutermann in preference to other brands...mine all say Made in Greece...Anyway, I primarily sew/quilt on a 1950's Pinnock....it's fussy for an old workhorse and seems to love Gutermanns, not linty and doesn't break easily. I also handquilt using 100% cotton Gutermann Handquilting thread...strong, doesn't tangle and looks pretty good (though my stitches could be smaller).