View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 09:22 PM
ArtisticDesign

Hey guys, My family keeps asking me what I want for Christmas..And I really want to upgrade from my little target inexpensive Singer sewing machine that I bought. (which I bought just to see if I would like quilting, and i do)
I would like to stay in the 300$ up to 400$ range for my second upgrade... I've researched and researched...I cant seem to find a machine that has a needle up/needle down position With at least a 9 inch throat..Do any of you know if there is such a beast out there in this price range?

If I have to go without the bigger throat.. I'm looking into a Sears kenmore ( heard they were made by janome) ..My cousin has an older kenmore and sewing on hers is like smooth as silk compared to me singer esteem( and soo much more room under the presser foot)..
Second choice so far is the Viking/emerald 118=429$- only brand Joann sells ( I did request to be called if anyone brought one in for trade up...They pretty much told me there were at least 2 ahead of me lol...The viking I could trade up on..However, the kenmore is 100$ less..
I know there are a thousand threads on " what machine should I buy" but, my questions and price range are specific..Would so love to hear anyones input...tanks

Any feed back on the 9 " throat and or anyone who has suggestions on a machine they adore in this price range and why....
EDIT- oh and the type of quilting I would like to do is piecing and little quilting ( if the bigger throat). Wallhangings= lots of bias sewing, if any of this helps.