Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
? about bigger throat on machine >

? about bigger throat on machine

? about bigger throat on machine

Old 11-09-2010, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by deedum
My neighbor turned her machine sideways to quilt, it worked fabulous.I have the janome jem platinum and I really like it. So I plan to turn it sideways and see how that works for me! I would put my money in a good quality machine and have needle down & a few nice extra stitches and try turning your machine to quilt. Won't hurt to try!

Rotate your machine 15 minutes counter-clockwise so the needle end is towards you and the wheel end is a long-arm stretch away from you - looks the same way a longarm quilting machine would look when you stand in front of it.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter
You can stuff an awful lot of rolled up or accordion pleated quilt in the throat of a regular machine and have it stay out of your way while you quilt. When the machine is turned sideways, so the needle end of the machine is toward you, you don't have to deal with all that bulk under your elbow and in your lap.
lmao cheshire, your description reminded me of how I ended up quilting that 78x60 something quilt on my reg machine..I had my cousin hold the excess quilt and inch her way back n forth as I needed, while I quilted the thing ( and yes, I did the same for her lol)..I'll definitely be trying your way next time..
Old 11-10-2010, 08:28 AM

(throwing myself dejectedly on the couch...whiny voice>)

I sooo wanna janome 6500..They seem to be going for variations of 1,995...I just ran acrossed someone online who said >" I just found a janome 6500 With sewing table for 650$. Is that a good deal?" whaaaaa lmao
Old 11-10-2010, 08:31 AM

That janome6500 with table is definitely a good deal. You won't regret it. I have an Elna 7300 that I paid much more for with table. It is very similar.