View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Wait a moment, fellow quilters......all of my Gutermann thread says Made In Greece.

I have no problem with any of my three Bernina's sewing with Gutermann, as long as I am piecing. When it comes to machine quilting or free motion quilting, I use The Bottom Line products. I have tried Coats-Clark and, while it leaves a great quilting track, it is quite messy to use. I have to vacuum the lint from spool area daily.
That's a new one. it seems the Gutermann people shop around for the least expensive deal on manufacturing their thread.

It also seems that our machines have different tastes when it comes to thread. Some have champagne tastes. Others settle for the beer taste. However Gutermann isn't a cheap thread, nor is it the most expensive. I'd say Aurifil is a more or less pricey thread. But since my machine seems to like Gutermann as well as Coats&Clark, I'll keep on using them. At the rate I use thread, what with quilting and sewing, I need to be a little thrifty where I can. I don't economize on the quality of my fabric though, unless I catch sales. We all have to shop around a little more than we used to, I think. ;-)