View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 07:37 AM
amandasgramma

I've had a recent experience that has caused me to reflect and APPRECIATE the help we get on this forum. I have a computerized quilting machine ----- there IS a forum for it. I've had the experience of asking a question (3 actually) and not getting ANY answers. Then others would ask the question and get answers but worse than that ----- we would get chided or scolded or just plain put down for any comments we make. I say the user manual is lacking --- or why would we ask questions that are "so simple".....My comment started a firestorm. Then another lady wrote that she'd called the head office for "customer service" --- she ended up being talked to in a nasty tone and HUNG UP ON!!!! Others came on line and SAID it must have been her --- because they had had excellent help from the customer support.

It doesn't matter HOW the customer asked her question or her tone or anything -- ANY company that would allow customer support to hang up on a customer needing help is really in big trouble! Everyone refers to the manual. The manual is online so I know I'm not missing pages --- has all kinds of info for the original set-up (what -- we do that ONCE!) but not for the questions being asked. When I pointed out that IF the answers are in the manual - why doesn't someone say "it's in the manual, page XX". But no -- they respond in nasty tones. These are NOT employees of the company -- they're users like you and me! DISGUSTING

So -- in closing this long rant -- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - all of you who are kind, helpful and generous!!!

dee