Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Thank you Everyone!!!

  1. #1
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    I've had a recent experience that has caused me to reflect and APPRECIATE the help we get on this forum. I have a computerized quilting machine ----- there IS a forum for it. I've had the experience of asking a question (3 actually) and not getting ANY answers. Then others would ask the question and get answers but worse than that ----- we would get chided or scolded or just plain put down for any comments we make. I say the user manual is lacking --- or why would we ask questions that are "so simple".....My comment started a firestorm. Then another lady wrote that she'd called the head office for "customer service" --- she ended up being talked to in a nasty tone and HUNG UP ON!!!! Others came on line and SAID it must have been her --- because they had had excellent help from the customer support.

    It doesn't matter HOW the customer asked her question or her tone or anything -- ANY company that would allow customer support to hang up on a customer needing help is really in big trouble! Everyone refers to the manual. The manual is online so I know I'm not missing pages --- has all kinds of info for the original set-up (what -- we do that ONCE!) but not for the questions being asked. When I pointed out that IF the answers are in the manual - why doesn't someone say "it's in the manual, page XX". But no -- they respond in nasty tones. These are NOT employees of the company -- they're users like you and me! DISGUSTING

    So -- in closing this long rant -- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - all of you who are kind, helpful and generous!!!

    dee

  2. #2
    Junior Member funcupl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Iowa
    Posts
    292
    I agree....I hate being put on hold too.

    Claudia

  3. #3
    Super Member dream56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Indiana, PA
    Posts
    1,403
    Blog Entries
    1
    It's ok to rant sometime and get it out - because everyone here will be there to pick you up.
    I agree - this board is great and people are polite - unlike a lot of places. It is so nice to see great compliments on people's first attempts at something. It gives them the encouragement to keep trying. I look to this board anytime I get down or discouaged and it's an instant pick me up.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    western australia
    Posts
    1,794
    I know what you mean. I was on a couple of cat forums and I think they took great delight in upsetting others,
    this forum is so wonderful. it doesn't matter who you are or what you ask someone always comes back with a nice comment or explanation, SO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADIES & GENTLEMEN. it is always a delight to come here,

  5. #5
    Super Member Rebecca VLQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by litacats
    I know what you mean. I was on a couple of cat forums and I think they took great delight in upsetting others...
    So, would you say that they were (wait for it!)

    *catty*

    ?

    :lol:

    Yes, this forum is very supportive. There's a TON of info and helpful folks here.

  6. #6
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    This is a wonderful place to be. Wonderful helpful people. I'm so glad I stumbled on to this board.

  7. #7
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
    Quote Originally Posted by litacats
    I know what you mean. I was on a couple of cat forums and I think they took great delight in upsetting others...
    So, would you say that they were (wait for it!)

    *catty*

    ?

    :lol:

    Yes, this forum is very supportive. There's a TON of info and helpful folks here.
    ROLMBO!!! GOOD one Rebecca!!

  8. #8
    Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The middle of an IL cornfield
    Posts
    7,024
    Blog Entries
    1
    This board can do anything. Need your car fixed, we've got folks for that. Need ANY sewing question answered, we've got folks for that. Need a recipe? We're there. Need advice on bratty kids? We've got parents, grandparents and great-grandparents who've been there done that.

    I'm pretty sure this board could take over the world, but it would cut into our quilting time!

  9. #9
    Super Member feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    8,776
    I agree! This board is wonderful. And I find it VERY easy to navigate and very user friendly for searches and bookmarking and following my own topics or topics I have commented on. I find the yahoo user groups very difficult to navigate and follow.

  10. #10
    Super Member hobo2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boonsboro, MD
    Posts
    2,724
    Blog Entries
    1
    Verizon Wireless has come under fire for this very thing. Lawsuits too. I went in this week about my new cell phone. OMG I had at least 5 people around me trying to help me, explaining new features, offering to set up my online assistant for storage. It was wonderful! I enjoyed every minute of it and when I got home I had a phone call asking me "How are we doing now?" I guess they got the message so should some others.

  11. #11
    Power Poster MadQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ELVERTA, CA
    Posts
    15,166
    Blog Entries
    1
    It amazes me how some people take their nasty attitude and spread "joy" (NOT) wherever they play. Another forum has a thread about recipes and some participants simply can't help themselves but post negative comments. It's about recipes, for goodness sake - if you don't like it, don't use it. I don't go there anymore.

    The QB on the other hand is a gem. No matter what - no matter how often the topic has been addressed, we collectively help out. Good thing too because a forum where people don't play nice will not survive long term.

  12. #12
    Power Poster ann clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Navan. Co. Meath. Ireland
    Posts
    15,127
    This is a great board.

  13. #13
    Power Poster ann clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Navan. Co. Meath. Ireland
    Posts
    15,127
    This is a great board.

  14. #14
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yes, you can get all kinds of help here on a multitude of subjects, and not have to worry so much about it possibly getting mean, nasty or ugly. Isn't it GREAT!! :D:D:D

  15. #15
    Super Member Quiltforme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Washington state!
    Posts
    3,341
    Worked for the company for over 10 years never heard of lawsuit for this. We have excellent Customer service and set up a whole department years ago to make sure the new phones were user friendly I was one who helped start that team. We are the only Cell company that does this.

    Quote Originally Posted by hobo2000
    Verizon Wireless has come under fire for this very thing. Lawsuits too. I went in this week about my new cell phone. OMG I had at least 5 people around me trying to help me, explaining new features, offering to set up my online assistant for storage. It was wonderful! I enjoyed every minute of it and when I got home I had a phone call asking me "How are we doing now?" I guess they got the message so should some others.

  16. #16
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    Worked for the company for over 10 years never heard of lawsuit for this. We have excellent Customer service and set up a whole department years ago to make sure the new phones were user friendly I was one who helped start that team. We are the only Cell company that does this.

    Quote Originally Posted by hobo2000
    Verizon Wireless has come under fire for this very thing. Lawsuits too. I went in this week about my new cell phone. OMG I had at least 5 people around me trying to help me, explaining new features, offering to set up my online assistant for storage. It was wonderful! I enjoyed every minute of it and when I got home I had a phone call asking me "How are we doing now?" I guess they got the message so should some others.
    Here's one lawsuit: http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/02/v...-pay-21-milli/

    and here's another: http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...uit-class.html

  17. #17
    Mimito2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oak Ridge TN
    Posts
    884
    This board can do anything. Need your car fixed, we've got folks for that. Need ANY sewing question answered, we've got folks for that. Need a recipe? We're there. Need advice on bratty kids? We've got parents, grandparents and great-grandparents who've been there done that.

    I'm pretty sure this board could take over the world, but it would cut into our quilting time!

    --------------------------------------------------------------
    We could quilt to ....Just add coffee :)

  18. #18
    Super Member clem55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Posts
    6,201
    Blog Entries
    6
    The QB has been a blessing to me since I joined last winter. I have a problem at times with depression, especially during the winter months, and coming on here is like chatting with old friends. Hubby idsn't one to talk much, so days can be pretty boring at times. I hadn't even thought about quilting again until I joined here. And when my sister died in Sept., everyone was so very kind to me. Thanks to all of you for being a friend.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.