View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 02:56 AM
Becky

Ruth

I'm from the State of Georgia. To be exact I live in Hiram, Ga. It's about 35-40 miles NW of Atlanta.I've been quilting for 15 yrs. No I'm not even close to a expert quilter. I'm self taught and I've learned from many, many, mistakes. I make applique quilts, I create a picture and or a theme on my quilts. I draw most of my own designs and make my own patterns. I don't really like to copy someone else's pattern, To me quilting is about createing. Reflections of ones self. I use to only hand quilt, but for about the last few years I combine machine and hand quilting. That way I get my quilts done faster.
I think you live in an amazing and beautiful place. I'm a big animal lover and yes I picture you living in a place that you just look out your back door and see Lions, Elephants, Zebras, and all of God's creation. But besides that the land scape of Africa, the sunsets, the flowes and the people. WOW it takes my breath away to think about all the beauty that surrounds you. I'm sure you behold some real BEAUTY. Thank you for the web sites, I will look into them. But let me extend a warm welcome to this forum, and you will find ALOT of very knowledgeable quilters, and they are eager to help and share. If you have a question or problem with a quilt, just post your question and you'll get an answer with in a short time. You'll make a lot of friends. If I was to pass on any thing of wisdom about quilting it would be (Fear is your biggest enemy). I do hope you'll stay in touch and let me be one of your new Quilting Buddies. Again WELCOME
BECKY