Thread: Buttons
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:17 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i recently needed 5 yards of black fabric, just a good solid black...figured joannes would be the best place to find it. went in and found kona black for $8.95 a yard...left, went down the road to our most expensive lqs around and bought the same kona black for $5.95...i've pretty much given up on joannes.

Originally Posted by kristen0112
The other day I was at Joann's Fabrics. I needed buttons. I saw same buttons that I had purchased at Wal-Mart the previous week, but Joann's had a larger version of the same button but the price was over $5 for 2 buttons. I thought I know that the other buttons were smaller but they were no where near that price and didn't buy them. When I went to Wal-Mart the next day I bought them there for just under $2. So, today I had to go to Joann's again and took a picture. The only difference is the name on the Wal-Mart buttons lists LeButton as the brand name and LaMode for the Joann's but I think they are by the same maker. Even with a 50% off coupon the Joann's buttons would still cost more than the Wal-Mart buttons. I guess that show the mark up on notions because whose going to use a 50% coupon on buttons we'd save those for the "big" purchases our fabric. Maybe buttons are like the concession stand food at the movie theaters - what they make their profits from?