View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 06:37 PM
yellowsnow55

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Hello again - Guess what I did? I wrote the Gutermann company and have received a couple real nice responses from the American division. Here is what I learned. The thread is named with the country in which it is made follows. Polyester(Germany); Bulky Nylon(Italy); Cotton (Greece); Toldi-Lock(Thailand); Upholstery(Mexico)

Threads for the U.S. are wound onto spools or cones and boxed in either Mexico or Spain. Now if any of the above threads are listed with a different label than designated above, please let me know because Gutermann would be very interested in seeing that spool and I can give you a direct contact to them.

Now if I remember correctly, SewOK a few posts back mentioned her Mexican Gutermann thread fraying and breaking needles. The Gutermann representative told me their thread from Mexico is upholstery thread. Therefore, if SewOK is being used for quilting perhaps, that would make a difference--definitely the type of needle used would be important with upholstery thread.

You are correct, Bev, what a bunch of Sherlock Holmes we are......off I go to quilt. But don't we love our board!
Smart thinking 99, what a sleuth you are, All thumbs now known as Miss Marple? :thumbup: