View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Bev, there are lots of things that make a quilt turn out properly; perhaps asking your local Guild membership to help you or going to the library and getting a quilting book might help. While I have sewn for over 55 years, I have been quilting under five year and I have so-o-o-o much to learn! I am thankful for this Board. Good Luck, and I am sure a well-informed sales clerk at your fabric shop can help too.
Oh I'm not having much of a problem with my threads. I use Gutermann and C&C. But I got caught up in learning more about the types of thread we are all using when this thread came up. I have no doubt that we all are using what works best in our machines. What I think I meant to say, but didn't mean to bug anybody about it, was that if some one was having big problems with Gutermann it's most likely that they are using the wrong thread "type", not the brand. But how are we supposed to know what "type" the thread is if they don't have it printed on the label? Now your research shows us that we must look at the country it's produced in, in order to know what we should use it for, ie: piecing, quilting, heavy weights etc. That's not fair to us. How can we remember all that stuff? I'm lucky to remember my own address most of the time. I don't know about y'all. I hope I'm making myself clear. Sometimes when I think I am, it's about as clear as mud to others. :lol: :roll: