View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 07:39 AM
dgmoby

Originally Posted by watterstide
i have wondered why also.
anything i reply to, i get an update in my email. when i click on that link, it takes me to my last post,on that particular thread, and i read from there. so i see all the replies.
i have PM'd a few people that have asked and the answer has been posted..with the link or the answer, because they missed it.
i wish we could add an attachment/picture ot PM's. that would be nice. then i would of sent them a picture directly of the purple thang and pounce pad..and not reposted the info.
for people who are not a member, i am not sure how it works. i signed up right away when i saw this board! it is so awesome and helpful!
:thumbup:
I think it works the same, whether you're a member or not, if I remember correctly. Also, where you go depends upon if you click on the title (1st page) or the arrows on the right hand side of the page listing the titles (last response you read or last response posted, depending on the one clicked).

I have seen some folks respond to repeated same inquires within a post with the page number of the answer. Perhaps this is one way to handle it, so that the inquirer gets used to looking for the replies, reads more than the current/last page, and learns how to flip through the pages before asking? I thought this was a good idea when I saw it.

And I do understand - after about the 15th time, it sure gets old - and the post becomes very, very long. But if posting the page numbers helps, then that may be a good answer?

Just a thought.
Debbie in Austin