View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 06:12 AM
jad1044

I did a quilt I called "My Flower Garden" and I had 26 different prints of flowers and each 8" square was a flower - I believe I made two of each and then laid out the quilt so no two were close to one another and also varied the colors so they were scattered, and I put black sashing between each block - and bordered it in black.

My nephew and his new bride are into flowers and he loves black - so although I got thumbs down when I started the quilt from my better half, once it was done, he said "This quilt can stay right here!" he loved it and it was both colorful and cozy.

They loved the quilt and I have way more than enough fabric to make at least 2 more quilts of this fabric.

I'm cleaning my sewing room now, so as soon as i get it set up again from shampooing the rug and all, I'll be back at quilting. My next quilt will be a fan quilt of many floral pastels for my great niece, and after that is my applique quilt of horse scenes for my other niece.. so I have a lot in the wind - just need to get this room ready to roll!