View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 05:24 AM
jrhboxers

Of course, I am partial to the Boxers, but English Bulls are bad too. I currently have 4 in my house and there are times that I have to open the doors - regardless of the weather. A lot of it has to do with food, but a lot of it has to do with their systems. All flat-nosed breeds - including cats - breathe mostly through their mouths. Because of this, more air get into their tummies. Every dog has basically the same intensity but not all have the extra air to carry it along. The mouth breathers have LOTS of extra so . . .

We had a French Bulldog and she could cause EVERYONE to clear the room. And then she happily followed you whether you went and do it again.

The funniest is my deaf girl - she lets it go and she can't hear it but everyone else does. It is absolutely hilarious when the pups are laying end to end and she gets one in the face. She sneezes and her eyes water and she starts barking at the other's butt. HYSTERICAL!!!!

But I love my Boxers - farting, snoring, belching and all - with all of my heart. My husband says that they would make great Fraternity dogs - they would fit right in.

Back to the cats - I had a Maine Coon that I rescued/acquired when she was 4 weeks and 4 days old. She was my Princess kitty. I had been raised with Siamese and had no desire for anything else, but Kassi happened. She was a total Miss Priss - she preened her tail endlessly. And she passed VICIOUS gas. When she let it rip, she would look right at me, stare me down and DARE me to say anything about it. And then she would look at the nearest dog, run over and swat them with her paw. I really miss my Miss Kass.

As you can probably tell - I really love my 4 leggers.