Old 11-14-2010, 04:59 PM
sourmug2

Just finished with the Mancuso quilt show in Florida. I sat and worked with the HQ Sweet Sixteen and all the HQ products extensively. Our show lasted three days and was in their booth all three days and here's my review on these machines: First some background. I come from a free-motion domestic machine background. It's what I'm most comfortable doing. After only a few minutes I was in love totally with the Sweet 16. It feels like a quality machine from the start. My confidence soared. One thing I don't like about my domestic machine is that I don't trust it. Don't get me wrong, it's great for piecing and decorative stitches, but when you push it for more or get into heavy free-motion quilting, it can't deliver. The sweet 16 delivers and delivers big. I TRUST this machine. I can go as fast or slow as I wanted with NO breakage at all. The rep even switched to ribbon metallic thread (notorious for breakage) and this machine just plowed right through with no problems whatsoever. I could concentrate on my design instead of worry about my machine. I loved it so much I bought one! Also, I'm not a "longarmer" but I felt TOTALLY comfortable with the Avante and Fusion. Even though the concept is foreign to me, I could easily switch to these machines if I wanted to switch from free-motioning. As far as Sunshine 16, don't waste your money. I also tried one out and it was clunky and shook the table badly. Also, it is very hard to see with this machine as the foot is closed. (Who designed THAT?) As far as the sweet 16 goes, the award winning quilter David Taylor uses one and consistently wins best of shows at major competitions. There ya go. My 2 cents.