Old 11-15-2010, 04:22 PM
lin-sue

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
What is the biggest quilting project you've done?

Big in the literal sense? Insanely expensive? Very complicated? Or perhaps a combination of all three? Interpret the question however you like.
My second project ever was a "Storm at Sea" queen quilt using Fairy Frost fabric. It took 2-1/2 yrs.. No paper piecing -- all hand cut and sewed together individualy. For a newbie it was a challenge and since one of the fabrics was a new color it tended to be expensive. Long before I finished I decided on the backing and the new color fabric was discontinued -- less than a year after I started -- don't know for sure but I think it was because of a problem with producing the fabric. I found there were problems with mine early on.

Anyway, it has come out really great -- most points and corners were great. I was able to find enough of the discontinued backing I chose that was okay without problems. It was expensive and very trying and time consuming but a very great lesson. It was a learning opportunity for me. I've come to love intricate smaller patterns. I love challenges.

100_0497.jpg
[ATTACH=CONFIG]127023[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-127018.jpe