Old 11-15-2010, 05:22 PM
SewinSue

All of the above posts made me not quite as angry and disappointed at some of the gifts I have gotten from my DH through the years. A few years of marriage he gave me a rod and reel--I hated to fish. Another year an expensive Stern life jacket that would have fit me and our two girls in it at the same time but it fit him perfectly! The worse one yet was 3 years ago--a mattress and box springs. That was just the worst ever because it was a very expensive one and I hated it before I even tried it. But then on our 40th anniversary he gave me a big surprise-a ruby and diamond ring absolutely beautiful and unexpected. So I guess the few horrible gifts are in the minority since one year it was an embroidery machine and Horne cabinet for my sewing room and another year a serger and another Horne cabinet. He is a keeper but some of his gifts are not! HA!
My Dad was really bad with some of the gifts he got my Mom also One year it was an oven timer and a head scarf! As an adult I did his shopping for Mom every year. This will be the first Christmas without my parents so I look back even on his awful gifts with a grin and a fond memory. Sue