Old 11-16-2010, 12:19 AM
omak

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
I had that one time, just from using the computer mouse at work and got a band with Velcro that was about one and a half inches wide. It goes just below your elbow. I wore that for a few weeks and it went away and have not had it again. I hope this helps! I can't imagine not being able to make quilts with my trusty rotary cutter.
Exactly!
You find them in the braces section of your pharmacy outlets. I was to the point that I couldn't trust my hand to close on a cup of coffee - - it was very strange.
Once I strapped on that brace, my life changed - - DRAMATICALLY!
I could knit, crochet, pick things up - - wasn't too handy for AI-ing, but I didn't have to do that too much, so really wasn't an issue.
Anyway, I would put that brace on when I first woke up, and didn't take it off until I went to bed ...
it supports your muscle - - the one that runs from the elbow, along the top of your arm, down to your fingertips.
I was pain free almost immediately. I think I wore it for about six months.
Then, one afternoon I realized that I hadn't put my brace on and was in no pain. That was a few years ago, and I am still pain free.
I forget the price of the brace, but trust me! It will relieve your pain and support your arm so you can do your handwork.
I don't do tennis, either - - never have touched a tennis racquet, as far as I know ... don't know why they call it tennis elbow, but at least the brace will help you <wave>