Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else not able to quilt because of... >

Anyone else not able to quilt because of...

Anyone else not able to quilt because of...

Old 11-11-2010, 09:34 PM

I have had it and used an ace like bandage that is made for it. Mine did get better. Pray yours does also.

HUG
Old 11-11-2010, 11:43 PM

Hi!!!! I have tennis elbow from of all things using a knitting machine. I was a professional knitter for several years and knitting 40 yes 40 sweaters a week really took a tole on my arms. I don't hand quilt but along with carpal tunnel and arthritis I do machine quilt. When I get tired and start to hurt I stop for awhile--nothing stops me from sewing..there are others out there with the same problem--you are not alone. Karen Sue
Old 11-13-2010, 10:16 AM

I was diagnosed with a tennis ellbow when my children have been babies...from lifting the kids all the time....nothing helped...at the end I had a surgery, since then everything is fine and that is more than 30 years now.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:12 PM

Had my elbows released in 1990-91. no pain in elbows. be sure and see hand/arm orthopedic dr. I suffered for about 3 years. worth the pain and healing time to do it for me.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:42 PM

Just look at with the attitude...if there's a will there's a way... I do what I can and get help for the rest. At 48 I was confined to a wheelchair after loosing both knees & an elbow due to infections post knee replacement surgery, on top of that I'm loosing use of my hands to RA & Scleroderma. The Accuquilt Go cutter helps tremendously, the DH surprised me last Christmas w/it and I look for every trick there is to hold stuff in place. Good luck, your not alone!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Banned

husb has this, I have PMR, just as painful.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
I had that one time, just from using the computer mouse at work and got a band with Velcro that was about one and a half inches wide. It goes just below your elbow. I wore that for a few weeks and it went away and have not had it again. I hope this helps! I can't imagine not being able to make quilts with my trusty rotary cutter.
Exactly!
You find them in the braces section of your pharmacy outlets. I was to the point that I couldn't trust my hand to close on a cup of coffee - - it was very strange.
Once I strapped on that brace, my life changed - - DRAMATICALLY!
I could knit, crochet, pick things up - - wasn't too handy for AI-ing, but I didn't have to do that too much, so really wasn't an issue.
Anyway, I would put that brace on when I first woke up, and didn't take it off until I went to bed ...
it supports your muscle - - the one that runs from the elbow, along the top of your arm, down to your fingertips.
I was pain free almost immediately. I think I wore it for about six months.
Then, one afternoon I realized that I hadn't put my brace on and was in no pain. That was a few years ago, and I am still pain free.
I forget the price of the brace, but trust me! It will relieve your pain and support your arm so you can do your handwork.
I don't do tennis, either - - never have touched a tennis racquet, as far as I know ... don't know why they call it tennis elbow, but at least the brace will help you <wave>