View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 05:14 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by redvette54
I have OA in my lower back, right knee and carpal tunnel in both wrists. All of you are so positive, it really helps me. I get injections, take meds and try whatever to feel better. My biggest worry is I have to keep working for 5 more years and I'm a pet groomer and it's hard on the body, but I take it one day at a time now. It was last Jan. I was off work after having toe surgery (OA in my big toe too) and I found this board and you all have saved my sanity. I had stopped quilting about 8 years ago, you all inspired me to get my quilting stuff out of storage, during my time off, I turned my spare room into a sewing room and finished a UFO and have been quilting ever since. My point is, checking this board, getting back into quilting, buying and trading here has taken my mind off my aches and pains. I can come here, when everything around me is stressful and crazy and my body is hurting and relax and read positive things. Thank you all.
I guess I have it in my toes too. Sometimes I am walking and I get the most awful pains in the big toe. Doesn't matter what shoes I am wearing. I love it here too, everyone is so supportive of whatever we are going through at the time, be it working on a quilt, or having a health problem, or pet issues, as I am having now. You are all such wonderful friends, even though I have never met you.