Thread: Shoccked
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Love my stash

Originally Posted by Shelbie
I have learned that I bought and acquired far too many busy prints. Before I really got into quilting, I would buy fabric just because I liked it and I usually bought at least two or three metres. They're great for focus fabrics or for a back but I had a serious lack of co-ordinating fabrics. I just didn't realize that those quieter, somewhat boring (to one who loves colour and design!) tone on tones, marbles and almost solids in light, medium and dark were essential fabrics for a quilter. Since I have retired, these are the only fabrics I have purchased. I have not yet really gone through my stash and culled some of these bright and usually medium or dark prints that I have in abundance. That may happen as my small sewing room is very crowded and I am almost to the point of admitting that I have too much fabric. When the lids won't fit on the largest Rubbermaid containers that they make and you have over 20 of these bins, you do have a lot of fabric! Right now, I'm still considering but I think some fabric sharing is in my future.
Just send me a PM when you're ready to destash girl.....LOL. Like I need more fabric!!

:roll: :lol: :roll: