View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 04:28 AM
IT_Nana

Originally Posted by Shelbie
Congratulations, I hope you love this machine. Please let us know how you like it and if you have any concerns. I have a Janome 6500 and am wondering if I should be trading it in. I'm tempted but haven't stitched on a Horizon yet. Did you buy the table to set it up in? I don't think this would make a good portable machine and I can't imagine taking it out to classes. I would like to hear some info from owners before I go and buy one.
I'm not sure I'd want to lug the 7700 to classes, although my dealer carries the rolling bags for transport which I will definitely put on my Christmas list. I've never had time to go to classes ... maybe some day when I'm really retired. I am able to lift it without much difficulty and I had a spinal fusion a year ago.

I didn't get a table yesterday because I have a sturdy desk I use for sewing and figured I could add to table in the future if I want it. I had a little time to play with it last night and am very pleased so far. I was told that this 7700 has all the same features as the 6500 plus more. And it has that wonderful 11" throat space which totally sold me. I'm to the point in my life that convenience and comfort makes a huge difference and I'm willing to pay more to get it! I'm still consulting part time and have the money to do it now, so why not? :-) Off to work now ... I'll play more with it later today.