View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 09:25 AM
mac

I'm with all of you. I can sit at my computer for hours and not realize that so much time has passed. It's mind-boggling. Then I end up wondering where all my time went.

And it is not just quilting things that I look up either; I can't remember the last time I looked up a recipe in my rather extensive cookbook collection. Instead I look for recipes on the internet that are tried and true. You can spend hours just reading comments on what people say about a recipe. Lately I've been looking for Gluten Free recipes for baking for my friends for the holidays. What a challenge to find a good one.

Recipes are like land minds, you can spend a lot of time making something that sounds wonderful only to have it blow up in your face when you taste it. The comments are so helpful with all of their ideas and what works, what doesn't work and how to tweak the recipe to make it a little better.

Even though the computer and the internet have really enriched my life, I can say that I had so much more time on my hands before they were invented.

And don't even get me started on playing games on the computer. Bejeweled Blitz and Freecell are two very addictive games for me that can melt time away like it was nothing... :oops: