Thread: HELP!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 01:31 PM
lab fairy

Originally Posted by sweets6181
Ok..to be honest I wouldn'y know how to change the tension (cannot find my book) and again brand new at sewing as embarrassing as that is. Ok..I chnaged my needle and started from scratch and for some reason my top thread is tangling up. I am almost done sewing my last set of strips and am dang near in tears....and Thanks sooooo much by the way.
You didn't say what kind of machine you have but many manuals are available on-line as well. When my daughter has a question about her Janome, I look up her manual, read it and call her with an answer.

Your problem may be as simple as putting your bobbin in where it is unwinding backwards or you missed a step threading.

I truly understand the new to sewing thing. I was there myself once. My mother did not sew, still doesn't. If something loses a button, she takes it to a tailor or dry cleaners to repair. :roll:

Hang in there. Sometimes, taking a deep breath, walking away, reading a book, watching a little TV and sleeping does wonders. What isn't obvious today will be tomorrow.