Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HELP!!!! >

HELP!!!!

HELP!!!!

Old 11-28-2010, 05:36 AM

I have a Memory Craft and when that happened to me, it was the last thing I checked. Change the needle. If it is the least bit bent, it will cause the bobbin to gather the thread.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:49 PM

Sorry it took so long to post again...Hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving....Got my baby back and they said it was the timing and that I was using the wrong thread...since I am new at this I bought 100% cotton i bought machine quilting threadand they informed me to not use it. I have been sewing my heart out since Wed. afternoon and almost done wth my very first quilt top. YAY!!!!!!!! An all of your help is appreciated and it means so much to have all of your input and expertise :)
Old 04-11-2011, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by sweets6181
I am brand new at sewing and have been working on my first quilt but am now having a very hard time with my machine. I ran out of my bobbin and switched to a new one but for some reason I cannot get the bobbin thread to catch to make a "good tight stitch" for lack of better explanation. I have a Janome Memorycraft 9700..any ideas...PLEASE :(
l have this machine as well the only problem l have had is with the bobbin filling which if you don't do it right it uses up all the bobbin and does not sew right. when you thread up to refill the bobbin pull your thresd tight till you hear a click then it is threaded to wind your bobbin correctley. to test if this is your problem test with a bobbin wound on a different machinehope this helps
Elsie from Australia