Old 11-21-2010, 02:07 PM
nannya54

Okay, I realize I'm not doing this quite conventionally but for my grandchildren I have made them a quilt from my scraps for wedding presents. I have 5 GC and this is the 5th scrappy. Why scrappy? These are all scraps from my NannysCrafts ( Nancy's Crafts ) business that I've been selling for a few years. These scrappies are a reminder of what I did that I enjoyed so much.

Being that the eldest is 15 and the youngest is 1, they'll go into storage for safe keeping. ( Any advise for long term storage would be appreciated. )

This one is for Ali who is 6, in 1st grade, and loves pink and polk-a-dots. I wasn't real thrilled with my sewing but my quilter was able to pull wonders, again, and hide a few bloopers. I ironed on the round circles that grace the corners and KrisStena quilted them all down. They aren't appliqued so when the quilt is washed they will fray a bit with each wash. Did that on purpose to add character.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-131241.jpe   attachment-131242.jpe   attachment-131243.jpe